WXNR STONE SOUR VALENTINES DAY FLYAWAY OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY a. The Stone Sour Valentines Day Flyaway Contest will begin on or about 1/17/14 and end on or about 1/31/14. b. To participate in the contest, listeners must listen, enter online, “like” the station Facebook page, or text to win. Listen weekdays in the 9am, 11am, 1pm and 4pm hours and be the 9th caller at 252-636-9967 or 877-636-9967 when prompted to qualify. Listeners may text HOUSTON to 68683 to have a chance to win (message data rates apply); or enter online once per day to become a qualifier at 995thex.com if a member of the Xaholic club – it’s free to join; Listeners may also enter to win on the x Facebook page after “liking” the page. c. The Stone Sour Valentines Day Flyaway Facebook contest is in no way Sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Face-book.
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS a. Unless otherwise specified, contests are open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older and who are legal US residents and reside in Eastern North Carolina. Must possess a valid, government-issued ID. b. Employees of the Station, its licensee, its parent corporation, their affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Eastern North Carolina area and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win. c. Listeners are eligible to win a Station contest only once every thirty (30) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every six months on any Eastern Carolina Beasley station. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest.
3. PRIZES a. Grand prize winner will receive roundtrip airfare for two from RDU to Houston, hotel accommodations for one night, tickets to Stone Sour at House of Blues, Houston on 2/14/14. Approximate value: $940. All prizes and travel arrangements compliments of Roadrunner Records, and are subject to revision or change. Ground transportation is not included. b. All prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of WXNR, 207 Glenburnie Drive, New Bern, NC 28560, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within 14 days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. c. Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her prize in person, and a prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. If a contest is open to entrants under the age of 18 and a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the prize. d. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate. e. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS a. On air – correct callers qualify instantly. WXNR will randomly choose one text winner and one online winner on 1/31/14 at noon. One FB qualifier will be randomly drawn at 2pm. One grand prize winner will be randomly drawn from all qualifiers after 4pm on 131/14. b. Winner need not be present to win. Winner will be contacted by phone and/or email. If the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 72 hours after the prize is awarded, an alternate winner will be selected. c. Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final.
5. CONDITIONS a. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions. b. Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the year. c. By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation. d. By participating in the contest, contestant hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Station, its licensee, affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, sponsors, agents and all others connected with them and the contest from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever. e. Contest winners will be selected and notified of their prize in the manner announced by the Station. Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required, in Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold Station, its licensee, parents, affiliates, assigns, successors and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Any person who refuses to sign the release will forfeit any and all prizes. f. Station will be excused from its obligation to air the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority. g. Station, its licensee, affiliates, parents, assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity. h. Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final. i. Station reserves the right to end a contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air or publication at Station’s website. j. Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement. k. Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the station. l. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use. Acceptance of a prize releases Station, its sponsors and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use. m. Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties. n. By participating in this contest, listeners agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of Station. o. Contestants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and the Station will also delete any online entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. p. Any materials submitted become the property of the station and will not be returned. q. No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all federal, state and local laws. r. Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of Station at 207 Glenburnie Drive, New Bern, NC 28560, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Station. s. By entering / participating in this contest – participants completely release Facebook of any liability Texting Rules Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure, service interruptions, carrier or server delays or failures. The station is not responsible for mis-sent or misdirected text entries, and votes cannot be recalled once sent. One text entry per phone for the duration of the contest. Entrant’s standard text rates will apply to any text entry submitted. By participating in a Station text-to-win contest, you acknowledge that you shall receive a return text message to your phone. This message may lead you to incur standard text messaging rates; “other charges may apply” consistent with your Wireless Carrier plan. All contest entries will be migrated into the WXNR Mobile X-aholic Club. To opt out of the mobile club, text “xrocks stop” to 68683. Internet Rules Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches. Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address. WXNR and sponsors not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by WXNR, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate. WXNR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. WXNR, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by these rules, and the Official General Rules appearing above. To enter online, you must provide your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form and log in with your user name and password. One Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. WXNR, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the WXNR website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. Texting Rules You understand, acknowledge and agree that no purchase is necessary to participate in any text-to-win contest or subscribe to any text club, and that texts sent by the Station are sent using an automated telephone dialing system. By submission of your entry in this contest, you also expressly agree to the receipt of a reply message confirming your entry and notification via text if you are selected to be a winner. You also understand, acknowledge and agree that reply messages from the Station may contain advertising and marketing messages, which support this free service. Message and data rates may be charged by your wireless carrier. The Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by you for this method of entry. Entrants to this contest do not provide detailed personal information at the time of entry given the limitations of the text message format, but must provide all requested information if selected as the winner(s), including first name and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number (if required by law and federal tax reporting requirements), and verification of identity (such as a driver’s license or passport). All entrants must follow the “call to action” entry instructions and submit any requested information. If you change your mind regarding the subscription to the text club, you should text the word “STOP” to when you receive the confirmation message. You may opt-out to a text club at anytime. Text message and any mobile device entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the mobile account submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same text or mobile telephone number. Only text messages individually generated by wireless devices such as cellular or smart telephones and blackberries will be accepted; use of any device to automate entry is prohibited and will be cause for disqualification. Proof of submission of an entry from the entrant shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s telephone system or text platform is the official time keeping device for the contest. Station is not responsible for any lost connections, miscommunications, failed computer or telephone transmissions, equipment or other technical failure, service interruptions, carrier or server delays or failures. Station is not responsible for mis-sent, misdirected, or undeliverable text entries, and votes cannot be recalled once sent.